The Mentally Wandering Writer

I know, I know. I made myself a promise I'd do a better job of keeping up with this blog, but good intentions being what they are, well...anyway, the past, as they say, is the past, and THEY always know what they're talking about, so let's move on.

Being the Grand Procrastinator that I am, I have a million excuses for not posting here, or writing anything other than an occasional email or Facebook post, for that matter. The ubiquitous flotsam and jetsam of life can always intrude if we let it, and I have been super guilty of letting it of late. In my defense, I have been passively grieving the loss of my parents, and maybe that has contributed to a little depression and angst of sorts. At the very least, it's been acting like an antihistamine on my creative juices. I wrote a little bit on Hazard, deleted it, wrote some more, and now I'm kind of stuck in limbo. So much for that goal of publishing three books this year. Not that I'm panicking (yet)--I know it will come when it's ready. I tore through the second half of Lucid in a month, though having gained some distance and gone back to read it now, maybe I should have taken a little more time with it, fleshed things out a little better, caught some of the glaring mistakes. Oh well, it's out  there now and I've moved on.

Speaking of moving, I did that again (it's become an annual ritual lately). Also took a vacation, my first in ten years. I'm waiting for the vaunted refreshed and reinvigorated benefit you hear so much about to kick in now. So far, that also seems to be eluding me as well. But we soldier on, right? In the meantime, I have a few ideas on the burner, one of which is reviving my short-lived but not forgotten ezine, Nido-zine.  That should be fun, since I can't even seem to keep up with this and my other blogs. But I'm seriously thinking alternate income streams since the day job seems to be dangling an as-yet unknown expiration date over my head--damned economy--and I'm not that crazy about sitting on my thumbs collecting unemployment. For one thing, it doesn't pay the bills.

So...all caught up now?

Comments

Popular Posts