Social Nonsense for Friday and a NaNoWriMo Surprise

It's Friday! Yay!

I miss the magic of Friday since the contract that was supporting me as a Day Job ended. Now my days are spent in rudderless procrastination between Facebook, Twitter, and various and sundry other webberlink timesucks. Funny how when you have a ton of shit to do, you can really manage your time well enough to get it done, but the less you have to do, the less you do...do.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I do stuff. I plan what I'm going to have for lunch. Then plan what I'm going to have for dinner. Then watch all the stuff I recorded on the DVR while watching other stuff and tooling around on Facebook and Twitter on my phone. Oh, and now and then, I write a little bit. I should have racked up at least a few thousand words on Hazard the past couple of weeks, but I'd open the file, look at it, maybe type a line or two, then wander off on some other mental venture and forget all about it until, when getting ready for bed, I get kicked in the head by a big ol' boot load of You Wrote Nothing Today guilt.

In my defense, I have plotted out my NaNoWriMo project. Even worked up some character sketches and diddled around with the first chapter events (more on this in a minute). And I've been busily marketing the upcoming release of Red Awakening, so all has not been a waste of time.

So, where was I? Oh yeah, Friday. Wait a minute, my cat wants to tell me something.

Ok, back. Friday, that great Day at the End of The Week. Sounds like something Douglas Adams should have written. Since Friday usually means being Stay-On-Topic challenged (which, I suppose, is why they tell you never to buy a car built on a Friday--"Hey Joe, what do these screws go to?"), I'm continuing that grand tradition by picking a topic and totally going ADD on it.

See, I forgot what I was saying again. I swear I'm going to throw my phone against the wall in a minute if people don't stop including me in some stupid Facebook messaging train that has nothing to do with me. Holy shit, people, I DON'T CARE WHERE YOU'RE GOING TO LUNCH! NOW LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE! I'M BUSY!

Sorry you had to hear that. I totally never talk like that in real life.

OK, so NaNoWriMo - the great Novel That Is To Be Month, and my novel promises to be something worthy of that title and this post because (drumroll!) the title is:

RANDOM TRIPS TO NOWHERE!

And because I plan to offer it in its entirety (when it's finished) for FREE, I'm going to serialize it on my blog daily. I think that's what I was going to say today.

OK, you may now return to your previous activity. I think.

Comments

Popular Posts