Submission Requirements for Daddy's Kobo Tales Anthology

To clear up some of the confusion or misunderstanding about the spoof project called Daddy's Kobo Tales, let me outline the guidelines for submission:

1. We are looking for short, flash fiction pertaining to the kobogeddon issue. If you're unsure what that is, check out my post, Blowback from Kobogeddon.

2. Submissions should be funny, silly, or light-hearted. Remember, this is a spoof publication. See my tale here:  Daddy's Little Kobo Surprise for example.

3. We are doing this as a form of protest against Kobo's treatment of indie writers. We're just trying to create havoc with Kobo's keyword search engine. We encourage writers substitute "kobo" for any bad, objectional, or otherwise non-G rated words, and anywhere you think it will add to the mystique of the story.

4. There is no payment. We're doing this for the notoriety only :)

5. While we will price the book on KOBO for $666 (which we fully expect no one to buy), the ebook will otherwise be FREE. Creative Commons licensing will apply.

6. I will supply the ebook files in EPUB and PDF format to all contributors so you can post it on your blog or site for download. I will also upload it to Amazon and all Smashwords channels (except Kobo) for FREE distribution.

7. This is a quick turnaround project. I want to get it published this weekend, so please get your submissions to me by midnight Sunday (10/27).

8. Email submissions to me at ajchurch01 at gmail.com. I'm not editing things, so make sure they're print-ready.

Comments

Popular Posts